Web and Mobile Systems Architect
- Location: Charlotte, NC
- Date Posted: Nov 16
PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
This person will be part of the Business Applications Team responsible for defining solutions, providing architectural guidance on large, complex solution development and system integration. He/she will provide technical leadership to the project's technical resources and business systems analysts in delivering in delivering a well designed and engineered solution that is integrated with the existing or defined IT architecture and meets clearly defined technical requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as senior technical expert responsible for the design and implementation of multiple business solutions applications. Leverages breadth and depth of IT solutions knowledge to serve as technical strategist.
- Ensures technical solutions leverage industry best practices and minimize the total cost of ownership
- Manage the architecture: continuously monitor the models and update them as necessary to show changes, additions, and alterations. Will foster the sharing of customer, architecture and technical information between organizations.
- Set and administer standards.
- Mentor developers
- Establish long-term strategy for architect planning
- Research development in assigned technology, determine help business requirements, propose changes and develop migration and implementation plans
- Provide input into the technology plan for the It organization and ensure that plans for their assigned applications integrate effectively with other aspects of the technical infrastructure - both short-term and long-term
- Advise management on application and supporting technology purchases, as well as future projects or environment
- Manage vendors - expectations, issues, licenses, upgrades, etc.
- Understand the direction, structure and requirements of our customers
- Provide clear and concise communication, both written and verbal, at all levels.
- Take ownership of issues/projects and follow through to completion
- Identify and document system/process deficiencies and recommend
- Manage multiple priorities.
- Have a sense of urgency, good time management and ability to move complex projects forward.
Education and Experience:
- Requires 10+ years of progressive broad-based information systems and business experience.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus.
- 6+ years of progressive web development experience in technologies including.Net and Java technologies. Experience in developing applications with SharePoint (different from SharePoint administration experience)
- Demonstrated experience in Strategy, Planning and Architecture.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with large corporate IT operations, major IT programs, systems integration and technical architecture at Enterprise and inter-enterprise levels.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of business requirements and the process of translating them into well-engineered and integrated technical solutions
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with Developers, Infrastructure Engineers and administrators, vendors, peers, and management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Demonstrated ability to generate mathematical and statistical based data analysis models to support architectural and engineering decisions.