Network Support Specialist
- Location: Glendale, CA
- Date Posted: Dec 26
PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
This is a 24/7 team responsible for production systems health monitoring, deployment of code changes, escalation handling and standardized communication of all Change Management within the Technical Operations organization. Successful candidates must be able to multi-task and prioritize system events according to severity and escalation procedures. Candidates must be comfortable communicating quickly and accurately in the event of production emergencies, both with internal and external groups. This individual must also be comfortable navigating through both Unix, Windows, and network environments and be involved in actively troubleshooting and/or resolving production issues. Candidates must also be flexible to work a combination of day, evening and or third shifts as needed.
General responsibilities include:
* Execution of Event Management - 24x7x365 detection and correlation of events through use of tools for Unix and Windows environments hosting various based web, mobile and telephony platforms using server, network and application monitoring systems.
* Tier 1 support of production issues via triage, escalation, and drive to resolution while troubleshooting, communication, and subsequent updates. First line of investigation, diagnosis, and validation of Events and Incidents reported. Issues are owned from start to finish and tracked in the Enterprise Change Management ticketing system. The Operation Center is responsible for gathering troubleshooting information either for direct resolution or for an escalation destination party.
* Flexible with the ability to handle stressful situations such as initiating emergency conference bridge calls and sending quick and accurate outage notifications.
* Use of Standardized Communications for Code Releases, Schedule Maintenances and Service Interruptions that provide Business and customer support
* Identification of Infrastructure Change Management policies and procedures while performing controlled tasks applied as a work around for known issues
* Communicating between departments, vendors and partners as a central repository for information regarding production site, Customer Support, Help Desk and Core Systems issues across the entire organization.
* Understand, detect, describe, and evaluation of the impact a deviation might cause to the service triggered by a notification of a scheduled task, reports from user(s), or other means.
* Organization, administration, manage, logging, follow-up and closing of work orders and ticket requests for the Operations Center
Candidates must also be flexible to work a combination of day, evening and or third shifts as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Technical Requirements:
* 2+ years of previous Operations Center or equivalent experience
* MUST be comfortable working in a command line as well as GUI environment s
* 2+ years of direct experience (running scripts, grepping logs, troubleshooting errors)
* 2+ years of direct Windows experience (running scripts, processing event log messages, troubleshooting errors)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Must be able to accurately report information in a timely manner.
* Experience with Gomez, ipMonitor, Nagios or Solar Winds, NetCool is a plus