- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Date Posted: Jan 23
PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
Enterprise Architecture and QA/Testing Center of Excellence are seeking a self-motivated versatilist for a Solution Architect position. The successful candidate will have demonstrable ability to adapt and lead in a highly dynamic environment. Primary duties include engineering, documenting, and leading efforts targeted at evolving IT testing capabilities and strategies as part of our continuous Devops optimization. This individual must be comfortable functioning in a large complex, multi-tiered, heterogeneous environment and must be effective performing a wide variety of roles and tasks, from requirements analysis, solution identification and implementation, tactical and strategic planning, to Agile/Devops evangelist. The ability to create, socialize and lead the development of a central architectural vision across multiple sub-solutions of a large project throughout the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is paramount.
Developing testing strategies that span a diverse plethora of applications and technologies from multiple eras will require ability to “come up to speed” quickly with a functional understanding of multiple applications, application models, and technologies and how the disparate platforms interact. A working knowledge of copy data management and virtual copy functionality for test/development, VMWare’s VRA/VRO capabilities, and service virtualization technology is desirable. Experience with CI/CD automation tooling and Agile/Devops environments is also preferred. Familiarity with one or more of the technologies listed below is required.
- This role requires collaboration with the Principal Enterprise Solutions Architect(s), Domain Architect(s), Project Manager(s), IT Portfolio Manager(s), developers (multiple portfolios), QA/QE engineers, Security engineers, infrastructure support, and business representatives.
- Work with multiple teams to engineer solutions for supporting automated testing of complex applications in a bimodal environment
- Work with multiple applications groups in order to understand the testing needs of the individual applications in order to help engineer suitable testing solutions.
- Improve Devops position by developing reusable testing models, patterns, and strategies
- Help engineer automated testing techniques/solutions/patterns for Mode 2 applications using virtual copy management, VRO, service virtualization, and other automation options.
- Provide technical guidance and support to application development teams and others as they come up to speed on what is needed to support automated Mode 2 testing as well as the overall bimodal model
- Work as part of a team to define and implement test strategies for multiple Mode 1 applications as well as a full bimodal environment
- Develop a series of testing support patterns that can be reused by mixing and matching to solve multiple testing requirements.
- Help to develop a strategy and solution for automated test system provisioning.
- Produce and maintain multiple architectural documents and artifacts using various tools including Microsoft office products.
- Application blueprinting.
- Solution Architects provide leadership to the rest of the IT development teams to ensure the solution is achieved through the delivery of the approved technology
- Work with team members to develop specific behaviors, technical/soft skills or knowledge needed to ensure sustained performance and to prepare for success in new responsibilities
- Messaging Architectures
- File system replication
- Relational databases
- IBM Mainframe (zOS/zTPF)
- Mobile and web based application architecture
- Service virtualization
- SOA/API based architectures
- Event based applications
- N-tier applications
- VMWare VRA/VRO
- Actifio file copy management
- Tibco EMS
- Tibco BusinessWorks
- Tibco ActiveMatrix
- IBM MQ Series
- Oracle 11b
- Windows based office tools – Word, Excel, Visio, Access, iServer