Release Training Engineer
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Date Posted: Feb 11
PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
This requisition is for a Release Train Engineer (RTE). Qualified candidates MUST have a minimum of 2 years of experience as an RTE in a SAFe environment. Superior communication, planning and organization skills are a must.
- Ability to listen and support teams in problem identification and decision-making
- Ability to create an environment of mutual influence
- Ability to understand and empathize with others
- Ability to encourage and support the personal development of each individual and the development of teams
- Ability to coach people with powerful questions rather than use authority
- Ability to think beyond day-to-day activities; apply systems thinking
- Ability to support the teams’ commitments
- Ability to be open and appreciate openness in others
- Cultural fit is a MUST
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE’s major responsibilities are to:
- Facilitate the ART events and processes and assist the teams in delivering value.
- Communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
- Facilitate ART and Solution Train processes and execution, respectively.
- Escalate impediments, manage risk, help ensure value delivery, and help drive relentless improvement.
- This person may also participate in the Lean-Agile transformation, coaching leaders/ teams / Scrum Masters in the new processes and mindsets.
- Help configure SAFe to the organization’s needs, standardizing and documenting practices.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART and Solution Train using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanbans and other information radiators
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
- Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering the preparation of Vision and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings
- Facilitate the PI planning event
- Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities
- Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings, including the ART sync at the Program Level and the value stream sync for Solution Trains
- Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Help manage risks and dependencies
- Escalate and track impediments
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering
- Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Improve the flow of value through value streams using the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps
- Help drive the Lean User Experience (UX) innovation cycle
- Report status to all levels of the organization and support related activities
- Facilitate System Demos and Solution Demos
- Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve
- Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices