- Location: Alpharetta, GA
- Date Posted: Feb 13
PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
Strong knowledge of programming and scripting languages – Be proficient in Unix/Linux Shell Scripting, PERL, Python, PHP, C/C+/C++/C#, SQL and similar languages. Must be local to Georgia.
Assist in the triage, troubleshooting, and repair of scripts, code, queries, and routines that need to be adjusted or altered due to changing conditions around data security - notably data and credential encryption.
Required Skill Sets
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or similar
- 5+ years related experience
- Strong knowledge of programming and scripting languages – Be proficient in Unix/Linux Shell Scripting, PERL, Python, PHP, C/C+/C++/C#, SQL and similar languages
- Experience with batch processing applications, development, deployments, scheduling, etc.
- Additional technologies a plus
- Perform software maintenance and bug fixes on existing code
- Solutions provided are accurate, thorough, and timely
- Participate in design efforts at a feature level
- Articulate trade-offs of proposed solutions at a feature level, by weighing benefits & risks
- Work independently on a feature or subcomponent of a large project
- Work within established methodologies and procedures
- Properly and fully document necessary development artifacts (bugs and features)
- Keep project stakeholders and downstream recipients of deliverables advised of progress and issues
- Ability to recognize risk situations (technical and scheduling) and properly articulate these to management / project management
- Proactively work with the project manager/project lead when deadlines are not going to be met
- Adhere to coding standards and guidelines
- Follow proper code archival and security procedures
- Provide technical support as needed to other groups
- Other duties as assigned