- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Date Posted: Jun 14
PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
Project Manager-ESM Description
Reporting directly to the PMO Director, this position is responsible for driving completion of multiple medium to large projects or initiatives. Provide leadership through expert understanding of the project lifecycle and business needs as well as by providing advice on the appropriate methods, tools and processes to complete the required activities for delivering successful business results upon project implementation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure stakeholders are engaged including senior management, executive sponsors, stakeholders and assigned software development teams to assess and prioritize project activities
· Manage software development projects including but not limited to project definition, planning, execution, risk management, risk mitigation, issues, work estimates, task breakdown, scheduling, resource allocation monitoring and controlling. Revise and adapt project approach as appropriate to meet changing needs, priorities and requirements.
· Collaborate with other managers and professionals throughout the company appropriately to effectively identify and resolve business and functional issues and take ownership for driving these issues to closure. Proactively escalate issues as necessary.
· Ensure that project status is clearly communicated to key stakeholders on a regular basis and consistent content and supporting metrics for project meetings. Manage change effectively - Status should explain the reason for changes in estimated completion dates (changes in scope, reprioritization of projects, unanticipated complexity, insufficient stakeholder participation, or other factors) as well as critical issues that require resolution.
· Engage actively and contribute to project management standards within the organization. Collaborate with fellow project managers to optimize project management practices and processes.
· Lead and conduct focused, effective meetings with diversified groups. Document action items, outcomes, decisions, and critical issues.
· Track and report project activities, schedule progress, critical success factors, and performance against the triple constraints.
· Serve as the manager of the project team via coordination activities, documentation of action items, and expectations among project resources including internal and external resources.
· Identify and escalate business decisions and project issues to the business via the project owner and super-user.
· Conduct formal retrospectives at key project milestones and final project completion, to confirm project acceptance and satisfaction, and to establish lessons learned.
· Description of work to be performed by each party, expected deliverables and results, deliverable dates and project milestones, stage gates, risks and cross-vendor dependencies.
· Ensure that a comprehensive testing plan clearly defines test scenarios, acceptance criteria, acceptable defect levels and is approved by all parties.
· Ensure that a comprehensive operational readiness and cutover plan is approved by all project parties
· 10 years or more in SDLC project implementation
· PMP certification required. or other relevant certifications given additional consideration such as SCRUM/Agile.
· Demonstrated expertise in Software Development lifecycles
· Strong project manager skills, utilizing PMI core methodologies
· Strong leadership skills
· Previously managed large software implementations that were on-time, on budget, and received sign- off
Preference will be given to applicants who in addition to meeting the minimum qualification possess the following:
· Master’s degree in any of the following; data management, data sciences, information technology, computer science, business administration, or related field.
· Previous professional work experience in the public sector
· Relevant IT industry certifications (e.g. ITIL, ITSM, Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
· Electronic Health Records (EHR), Health Care Management, Health Care Claiming & Payments/Billing
· Public sector, healthcare, or public health experience
· Current Project Management Professional (PMP) certification