- Location: Tampa, FL
- Date Posted: Jun 21
PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
DevOps works closely with development teams to plan, deploy, and support multiple applications across our working environments. Daily, the team utilizes best practices to assure smooth application integration across the Innovation team’s entire architecture, as well as research, design, and prototype new solutions to facilitate application growth.
- Works with various data stores to include SQL, NO-SQL and distributed file system storage;
- Experiments with Big Data tools and open source technologies as well as research 3rd party technologies;
- Participates in release planning;
- Maintains and assures up time of containerized applications in hosted environments;
- Monitors service trends to identify opportunities for improvements with existing frameworks, tools, and processes; and,
- Audits and improves system metrics and alarms.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3 years of Linux System Administration or Dev ops experience.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics Mathematics, Regulatory Compliance, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and/or other business field of study.
Master's degree in Computer Science, or another technical related field.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success performing on teams or leading work streams involving DevOps for a global network of professional services firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Linux/Unix environment/System administration;
- Configuration Management;
- Multiple scripting languages on Linux Platform (bash, awk, sed, python);
- Cloud-hosted systems;
- Hardware capabilities;
- Transport security, ssh and certificates;
- Docker Containers for application deployment;
- Relational databases;
- NoSQL data stores; and,
- Distributed/clustered or grid computing systems.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success performing on teams and/or leading workstreams involving DevOps for a global network of professional services firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Administering Linux OS to include network and software application configuration;
- Configuring continuous integration within a development environment using tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Git and Nexus;
- Automating repetitive development, operations and deployment tasks;
- Documenting systems and networks, refining requirements, self-identify solutions and communicate to the team;
- Managing databases, including database design, creation, manipulation and query; and,
- Utilizing enterprise tools (such as BPM or ESB tools) for orchestration of services and workflows, as well as messaging queues (e.g. RabbitMQ).