Principal Security Architect
- Location: Louisville, KY
- Date Posted: Jul 10
PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
The Principal Security Architect is a highly technical member of a small technical team, that will provide strategic direction, leadership and vision to define and implement security services and reusable frameworks – aimed at mitigating cyber security threats across the company’s software development lifecycle and architectures deployed across a hybrid cloud environment.
The right candidate will rely on a broad skill set across multiple technologies and will have a passion for security, automation and continuous improvement; and will collaborate closely and frequently with software engineers and cloud architects across multiple functions.
What you will Do
- Partners closely with stakeholders across multiple functions, such as engineering, manufacturing, product management and technology
- Builds strong relationships with technical teams across other functions.
- Develops and deploys automation tools and services that enable software developers to easily consume security as a service.
- Develops, implements and promotes the adoption of security and access policies appropriate to various customer environments.
- Mentors other members of IT
- Collaborates to improve and automate security processes and services.
- Evaluates and recommends new and emerging security products and technologies.
- Maintains and improves the existing cloud security strategy, monitoring and toolset.
- Understands existing processes and identifies how to improve and streamline them in order to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Works with various teams to create, update, and improve the accessibility of security through automation, continuous integration pipelines, and other means.
- Helps define and shape the future of DevSecOps at our customer.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent
- A minimum of 7years relevant experience in IT
- Strong understanding of cloud computing with a minimum of 2 years hands-on experience.
- Strong development and infrastructure background with a min. 7 yr. combined experience.
- Strong information security background, with a minimum of 5 years hands-on experience.
- Advanced knowledge in identity and access management, authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI, and security monitoring methodologies and technologies
- Experience with security architecture, threat modeling, secure application development, developing security controls architecture patterns, and creating strategies and roadmaps.
- Experience with developing security controls for cloud native architectures, mobile applications, and virtualization environments
- Knowledge of ethical hacking/penetration testing, secure coding/OWASP top 10, cyber security and risk management frameworks
- Comfortable with different programming languages, such as C++, and Java, Ruby, Python.
- At ease at exceling in a highly collaborative and fast-paced team environment.
- Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional.
- CISSP, OSCP or equivalent security accreditation.