Workday Payroll Analyst
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Date Posted: Sep 13
PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
Workday business analyst is responsible for technology configuration, upgrades, and support within Workday system with the primary responsibility for the payroll system. The analyst will serve as a single point of contact for payroll related integrations both externally and internally, including ERP and Timekeeping systems. This role proactively engages in the Workday Community to ensure efficient ongoing system configuration and appropriate technology enhancements are applied to our Workday tenant.
• Perform Break-Fix on current configuration/processes. Identify trends, determine root cause, analyze future implications and determine most effective solutions.
• Support business process strategies for end-to-end Payroll processes to achieve efficiency, productivity and improved control.
• Review, test and implement Workday system upgrades or patches.
• Collaborate with functional/technical staff to coordinate application of upgrades and fixes.
• Design and document setup configuration changes.
• Engages and integrates with the Workday HCM team to ensure appropriate security is implemented and maintained.
• Liaison with Payroll team when required for modifications to integrations and EIBs.
• Develop and maintain integrations with the use of Cloud Connect, Design Studio, EIB and web services.
• Provide analysis of Payroll data changes by noting the interaction of that data with all other upstream and downstream business systems, including, but not limited to those supporting HR (Benefits) and IT.
• Perform Break-Fix on current integrations between Workday and SAP. - Requires in-depth knowledge of payroll business objects and Workday integration architecture. Additional knowledge of SAP FICO and Integration architecture is needed.
• Debug integration defects and issues. Implement and test fixes when necessary.
• Recommend process/user improvements and gather user requirements for enhancements.
• Define, build and implement system enhancements according to SDLC and/or Agile methodology. Ensure that all design changes are properly documented and tested.
• Complete technical/functional design specifications of approved enhancements.
• Previous exposure to project-related activities through active participation in system-related projects
• Write, maintain and support a variety of reports in Workday Report Writer.
• Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing payroll needs.
• Provides Workday payroll set up and processing training for internal staff.
• Assist in development of user procedures, job aids, guidelines and documentation.
Other duties as assigned
Workday Payroll / Global Payroll
Workday HCM Fundamentals
Workday Report Writer/Custom Fields Configuration and Administrations
Workday Report Designer
Education and Attributes
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
- Object-oriented programming experience
- Previous ERP implementation experience
- Current or previous Workday HCM and Payroll certification
- Ability to successfully partner with IT, Finance, and Human Resources professionals
- Comfortable handling confidential and HIPAA protected information
WorkDay business analyst years of hands-on experience, number of completed project implementation, experience of support and maintenance. Deep understanding of data classification such as PII. Good sense of urgency on issue/s resolution.